Monday, July 30, 2012

Just a little blip

Hey everyone!  I know I've been a bit out of touch. I'm dealing with a few health issues. I'm sure that we'll talk more about them later on, but for now let's just say that I've fallen into the "Mommy Trap" and haven't been taking as good of care of myself as I should have been, so my immune system is not on track.

The doctor has put me on an almost 100% Super Foods Diet! Here's a LIST if you're interested in checking it out. It's really yummy and I've had fun finding recipes. I'm sure I'll be sharing some. It's been exciting and a bit challenging combining my already complicated grocery shopping for L's food allergies with my list of Super Foods :) But I did it!!  Go Mommy!!

On a crochet note, I got an email today that included this really neat video on how to change colors without using knots at all! Check It Out! I think I'm going to start using this technique! It is super easy and actually looks faster than tying a knot! One thing that I've discovered that I'm not sure many people do unless they sell their work to people who do not crochet or knit, is that when you hide your ends, if you put a tiny drop of fray stop on the tip of the yarn and then stretch the project to pull the tip inside the stitches and hide it, the fray stop locks it in place and then, in my experience, even in the wash it doesn't come out unless you want it to. You can still pull it out of course, should you so desire, but it will not come out of it's own accord. :)

Happy Hooking,
Mama Nettie

1 comment: